Founded in 2000, ForestEthics is a nonprofit environmental coalition operating in Canada and the United States. Our mission is to protect Endangered Forests and wild places, wildlife, and human wellbeing. We catalyze environmental leadership among industry, governments and communities by running hard-hitting and highly effective campaigns that leverage public dialogue and pressure to achieve our goals. Over the past decade, we have transformed the environmental practices of Fortune 500 companies including Dell, Staples, Office Depot, Victoria's Secret, Williams-Sonoma, and many others; and by leveraging these companies' influence with their suppliers and governments, we have helped secure commitments to protect more than 65 million acres of endangered forest around the world.
Reporting to the Campaign Director the Field Director will build, deploy, and manage field campaign capacity for our campaign to reduce the volume and risk of fossil fuel transport. Focused on Washington State, the Field Director position will deliver powerful ground work for campaigns in key counties, grow a base of supporters, and coordinate field deliverables between various groups and activists. This is a full-time, exempt position.
• Build and implement ground campaigns in Washington State.
• Develop and implement highly powerful, innovative and effective campaign strategies and tactics.
• Create comprehensive and inspiring campaign plans.
• Manage fieldwork and deliverables between multiple groups.
• Recruit, train and manage teams of volunteers, canvassers and phone-bankers.
• Maintain and manage relevant databases and ensure that activist information is kept updated,
and campaigners have access to field networks as needed.
• Create campaign materials such as factsheets, postcards and activist toolkits.
• Identify and work with existing networks to support turnout at campaign events.
• Promote and protect ForestEthics’ brand in field events the organization endorses.
• Work with the press, either directly or with partners.
• 5-7 years organizing experience, with experience in political-style campaigns and coalition work strongly preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred.
• Independent, self-motivated with a desire to advance ForestEthics’ mission.
• Enthusiasm and passion for grassroots participation in fossil fuel fights.
• Experience integrating messaging, strategic analysis, and communications strategy.
• Demonstrated success managing volunteers, identifying organizational needs, and problem solving with minimal supervision.
• Highly organized, flexible, creative, able to prioritize multiple tasks, and able to thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
• Ability to think strategically and tactically.
• Knowledge of SalesForce (or similar relationship management database) a plus.
• Excellent project management, follow-through, and time management skills.
• Ability to travel regionally.
• Computer proficiency in basic computer applications, including spreadsheet, word processing and internet.
• Experience with media and engagement a plus.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Be sure to include your
name in the subject line and on all attachments. We thank you for your interest, but only those selected
for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.
We are always looking to work with talented individuals. Change happens with powerful creativity and passion. If the position(s) offered above are not for you, you can still make change by becoming a Treehouse Activist.